About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome to my DIY blog! I hope to fill this blog with my awesome creations and some "how to" tutorials.

Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm having a Moment!

So one of the coolest things about living in a bigger city ( im totally geeking out)  is really well stocked Good Will stores, antique shops, ya know thrifts stores... oh and arts and crafts stores too! I started using old clothes from my closet to make my headbands but i needed variety and raiding my closet wasn't an option anymore, so i took a trip to all my fave thrift and crafts store in search of new material.

Tip:  fabric can be expensive especially good quality rich fabrics so a really good tip is to take a trip to a goodwill store or salvation army type store. someone's trash can be your treasure, there are a lot of clothes that may be outdate and ugly but the fabric may be in great condition and you'll get great quality without the cost.

Even though the thrift shops are great for finding fabric you still need ribbon lots of ribbon and elastic and all different colors of thread. Places like Michael's  and Joanna's are your best bet, they have a vast assortment of materials to choose from but it can be pricey so for your more basic materials you can always try Walmart.

 As im walking around Joanna's looking at all the different trims (trims make really cool unique head bands) i came across this beauty.....
"OMG I'm having a Moment"
 all i could think of were endless possibilities with a lot less work! but not to worry i will learn how to make this type of flower... i will concur!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspiration

Inspiration
multifunctional accessory by J crew